Raleigh's 4th of July Fireworks at Dix Park is presented by City of Raleigh & ABC11
Text RALFIREWORKS to 888777 to sign up for traffic, inclement weather and public safety alerts from ReadyWake.
- Event Parking Opens
- Shuttles Start
- Food Trucks, Music & Activities Begin
- Food Trucks & Activities Close
- Stage Program Begins
- Event Over
Getting to Dix Park
Free Event Parking
City of Raleigh Downtown Parking Decks:
- Moore Square Parking Deck – 223 S. Wilmington St.
- Red Hat/City Center Parking Deck – 429 S. Wilmington St.
NC State Centennial Campus:
- Designated parking lots and decks
- No shuttle service from Centennial Campus event parking – walk only to Dix Park
- It is approximately a .6-.9 miles/10-17 minute walk from event parking to the Big Field
Free Shuttles from Downtown
- Will pick up from Moore Square Park
- Will drop at intersection of Centennial Parkway and Blair Dr.
- It is approximately .2 miles/5 min walk up Blair Dr. from the shuttle drop off to Big Field
- Shuttles from downtown will run throughout the entire event starting at 4:30 pm until all attendees have been returned to Moore Square Park.
Walk + Bike
- Use the Rocky Branch Greenway to enter the park at Hunt Drive and Western Blvd.
- Use the Centennial Bikeway Connector to enter the park at Blair Drive and Centennial Pkwy.
- Bike corral parking at both park entrances staffed by Oaks and Spokes volunteers.
Rideshare + Family Drop-off Lot
- Chapel Parking Lot, 1030 Richardson Dr.
- Enter Dix Park at S. Boylan Ave. from Western Blvd.
- ADA/Accessible Parking located at Dix Park
- Enter at Goode Sr. from Lake Wheeler Rd.
- ADA Shuttle will pick up from designated parking lots and take attendees to the Big Field
- New accessible pathway in the Big Field
- ADA shuttle will pause for the fireworks show from 9:30-10:00 pm
- No parking/viewing at the Cathedral
Food + Activities
Family Activity Zone (5-9 pm)
- Art activities with Artsplosure
- Slides, skee ball, and a foam party pit!
Food Truck Court (5-9 pm)
El Toro Alebrije Tacos and Tapas
Flattz Signature Flatbreads
Green Onions Bistro
Hollywood Taco Shop
Hot Chix Hotcakes and Chicken
How ‘bout burger
JAM Soft Serve Ice Cream and Shaved Ice
Kitoko Bites LLC
Larger than lemons
Magnificent Concessions LLC
Mama Voula's Greek Mediterranean
Mesas El Salvador
Mike Nice Empanadas LLC
Oak City Fish and Chips
Oink N Moo
PARTY IN A PITA
Peyton's Place Open Pit BBQ and Fried Chicken
Roho Sandwich Company
Royal Cheesecake & Varieties
SameODameO’s Shrimp Fish & Grits
Southern Fried Lumpia Co.
Sweet Treats of NC
The Cheese Curd Shack
The Corner Venezuelan
The Flat Drum
Two Roosters Ice Cream
The Tasty Turkey-Que
Waves Shave Ice and Ice Cream
xQuisito International Foods
Know Before You Go
- The event area includes a grass covered field with uneven surfaces.
- Water filling stations are available.
- Port-a-johns with ADA accessible facilities will be the only restrooms at the event.
What to Bring
- A refillable water bottle
- Blanket and/or camp chairs for seating
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks, small cooler or bag permitted
- Sunscreen, hats, bug spray, flashlights and closed-toe shoes are recommended
- Personal sized umbrellas are permitted
- Pack light. If riding a shuttle, all belongings should fit on your lap so we have room for everyone
What is Not Allowed
- Personal fireworks or sparklers
- Weapons of any kind
- Smoking & Vaping
- Drug use
- Open flames and grilling
- Tents, canopies
- Please leave pets safe at home!
Event Ambassadors support event set up, event activities, parking and clean up, as well as, greet event attendees & provide and park information.
Check out the Raleigh 4th of July Fireworks FAQs
Other Questions? Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Text RALFIREWORKS to 888777 to sign up for traffic, inclement weather and public safety alerts.